bunka addict

culture - pop and otherwise - through the eyes of a bunka addict

16 August 2006

American Food Industry Evilness

We come across something else that I love, perhaps a little too much - food!! I would say that my love of food, like my love of video games, also borders on addiction. Again, like with video games, I would have to place myself in the category of food fanatic. (Because I love food so much, I think that I might start a food related blog in the near future. If I do, I'll make sure to post the link to it here.) My love of food of all kinds sortof excludes me from the vegetarian and vegan ranks. I don't, however, consume meat all the time, at every single meal, as if it will suddenly be gone tomorrow. For the most part, I have red meat only occasionally as the meat portion of my diet consists mostly of chicken.

Anyway, that is enough about my eating habits for now. What I really wanted to post is a link to The Meatrix 2: Revolting. In this short animated film based on The Matrix, some of the horrors prevalent in American big business dairy factories are exposed. This film is a sequel to The Meatrix, which exposes the evils of factory farming. Both of these videos are great introductions to the evil that is the American food industry. Both pages also provide many links to get started in the fight against big business food. If you are interested in learning more, you should check it out.

Having only been out of college for a couple of years, my budget doesn't always allow me to make the best choices when trying to send a message with my money. The need to eat has taken precedence over my moral judgment. Watching The Meatrix 2 today has reawakened me to the issues at hand and has made me want to take action. Starting today, I'm going to start making smarter, more informed choices. I hope that these videos can do the same for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home